No matter if this is your first time in Baton Rouge or you’re a seasoned resident—moving to a new place is always a little off-putting. After all, a house isn’t a home until you feel safe in it, right? Pine Square is the perfect place to find safe apartments in North Baton Rouge. But if you’re the type who needs a little extra safety, who says we can’t offer some tips?
Tips To Feel Safer In Your Apartment
Take every precaution you can to feel as safe as you need. When looking for any safe apartments in North Baton Rouge, follow tips from our pros:
- Have a nightly routine. Whether you or your roommate are the last ones up, it doesn’t hurt to give one last check. You might’ve forgotten to turn off a burner or lock the door. Go through your apartment before bed. Making sure everything is off and locked gives an extra sense of security.
- Know your neighbors. Even if it’s just their face, a name, and a phone number. Knowing these people gives extra security because they can always report suspicious activity when you’re not home.
- Use your peephole if you have one. You probably know the saying “look before you leap.” The same goes for answering doors. If someone knocks at your door, always check your peephole—even if you’re expecting someone. If it’s someone you don’t know—don’t answer.
- Close your blinds. Burglars and thieves tend to “shop around” for a hit before making a move. By glancing in windows and through blinds, they get a good idea of the things you have and if they’re worth stealing.
- Invest in a camera. No matter if you choose a single camera or an entire security system, you now have a way to prove someone was in your home.
You deserve to feel safe in your home. Do what you need to so you can breathe easy every time you leave your home unattended. But in the event that something does happen, there’s one final wall you can fall back on: Renters Insurance.
Look Into Renters Insurance
Renters insurance is a great way to ensure your belongings are safe in the event of an emergency—even theft. Depending on what policy you choose, your coverage could protect you from almost anything. And it’s not a large sum like your car insurance, either. Renters insurance usually costs around $200 a year. A small price if you lose your valuables.
Invest In Our Safe Apartments In North Baton Rouge Today!
Ready to feel safe in your home? Apply for Pine Square today and get your place in our safe apartments in North Baton Rouge. Want to grab a look before you apply? No worries, schedule your tour and see your future home yourself! If you have any questions for our professionals, please feel free to give us a call at 225-306-8001 or send us a message online. We’re ready to give you a safe living experience you’ll never forget.